1. You never, ever wear a red shirt
"Space, the final frontier...." You just knew the guy in the red shirt wouldn't see out the episode.
2. You start calling everyone “babe”
Those icons of 70s cool, Starsky & Hutch.
3. You can’t get the tune/lyrics to “The Lonely Goatherd” out of your head.
I don't know how many Pros fics I've read where the lads are bellyaching about The Sound Of Music being on tv at Christmas. Come on authors, find another movie to use!
4. You start calling everyone “Chief”
Is it just me, or is it getting hot in here? Weak scripts and a tv show that wasn't really sure of the direction it wanted to take, but Richard Burgi as Jim Ellison made The Sentinel his own.
5. You expect everyone you care about to betray you.
"Have you betrayed us? Have you betrayed ME?" *sigh* poor Avon, spent two seasons of Blakes 7 chasing Blake all over the galaxy only to blow him away at the end.
6. You search the shelves at Bunnings, but you still can’t find the type of screwdriver you’re looking for.
Sonic screwdrivers aren't a common household object, but the Doctor shows how useful one could be.
7. You start calling everyone “sunshine”
And Angelfish, and Goldilocks, etc... The Pros, again.
8. You conduct lengthy online debates over the validity (or not) of “Gordo” as a nickname.
I belong to the "not a nickname" camp. Starsky isn't fat, and Hutch isn't that mean. (of course that's another debate, but not for here)
9. Aliens abducted your lunch.
Was there anything on The X Files that wasn't abducted by aliens?
10. You have a strange fascination with coathooks in fitting rooms.
And a whole generation grew up thinking that a tailor shop's fitting rooms would lead to the hallowed halls of U.N.C.L.E.
11. “That’s like, so not cool” becomes a catchphrase
Poor Blair, for a doctorate student, he was given a horrendous vocabulary.
12. You start using a (hideously fake) Russian accent.
Something that David McCallum didn't even try. Man From U.N.C.L.E. again.
13. The most important feature on your motorbike is the place to store your cane.
14. You develop an unhealthy fear of salt shakers
The good Doctor, again. I know people who can't watch this show, due to Dalek-induced trauma as a child.
15. You waste an inordinate amount of time researching the effects of a bullet to the chest (insert fandom-of-choice here)
Starsky & Hutch, The Professionals, Blakes 7.... no doubt there are others as well.
16. Not only do you know what the “Tarrant Nostra” is, but you have a sneaking suspicion that you belong.
Not this little black duck. I totally believe that B/A is the OTP in Blakes 7. You always hurt the ones you love....
17. You start calling everyone “tovarisch”
That show did a lot to ease the minds of ordinary people worried about the Cold War. Illya Kuryakin was smart, cool and very very sexy.
18. (Crossover) You think a silver Capri is the ultimate sexy car, but a large red Ford will do.
The Professionals / Starsy & Hutch
19. You have a dog named K-9.
The fourth doctor, who is IMO the best of the lot (closely followed by the manic 9th)
20. And a cat named Bodie.
And two teddybears cuddled together, named William Andrew Phillip & Sunshine. The Professionals was the ultimate buddy show.
21. Everybody lies.
House, again. This could be the subtitle of the show.
Thanks all who played, hope you enjoyed as much as I did.